Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I Cannes now say that I've been to some pretty Nice places, including Monaco, Marseille, and Ibiza...

..what, too much? Sorry, I just love lame puns. Although that was just... pretty terrible...

Anyway! I know this is a suuuperrrr late post but I've just been so busy!

Last week I spent 5 days in the French Riviera and 2 in Ibiza. It was the most amazing time! The weather was beyond hot (a little tooo hot sometimes...) and the views were spectacular.

Day 1: Nice

Our flight was at 7am so we had to get up around 4am and that was brutal. Overall we had about 2.5 hours of sleep so I was dying the whole day. Once we landed we were starving so we went to get food. It was around 10:30am there so while people were having breakfasts of croissants and coffee, we ordered pizzas and sandwiches.. Typical.

Breakfast of champions

After we went to check in our hotel which was surprisingly much nicer than we expected! We then went to explore Nice. We walked along the Promenade des Anglais, and also climbed up the 200-something steps of Castle Hill to get a better view over the city.

Promenade des Anglais


View from Castle Hill

After we had salty crêpes for dinner, and headed back over to the Promenade to see Nice at night. I only brought my little point-and-shoot on this trip and not my J1, so none of the pictures I took really captured the beauty of the beach and boardwalk. Before heading back to the hotel, I bought myself a cornet a la rose, which is ice cream in the shape of a flower! It was so cute and only 3€ so I had to give it a try.

Crêpes

Nice at night

Mint chocolate & Bueno ice cream rose

Post script; in Nice there was a RIDICULOUS amount of dogs. I eventually started a dog counter, and I counted that I saw 29 dogs in one day. Insane!

Originally I was going to post my whole French Riviera trip as one big post but it's proving to be wayyy too much info for one post, so I will just post the rest of my trip as separate posts in quick succession.

No comments:

Post a Comment